Sunday, February 14, 2010

2010 Acura MDX Elite Road Test

2010 Acura MDX Elite
Acura MDX sportute --at least the topline Elite edition -- are beyond my appreciation. Oh, it's not like I'm a complete Luddite. Heated seats are always welcome on a winter day. (However, I accidentally hit the ventilation button by mistake and damn near gave my butt frostbite.) And the Blind Spot Information System -- sensors that detect when vehicles are in your blind spots and activate warning lights on the front door pillars -- grew on me, especially after one drizzly/snowy night driving home when visibility was sub-par. But I still feel strange about the power lift-gate, as if using it instead of physically lifting up the rear door will cause my muscles to atrophy.

Those features are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to electronic content in the MDX Elite. Eventually, I decided that a certain level of sophistication is expected from products bearing the Acura name. When I had the choice, I used those features I liked and ignored the ones I didn't. Plus, one can always keep it simple -- or simpler, at least -- by sticking with the base or Technology models.

No comments:

Post a Comment